Friday 30 November 2018

Tips For Going To College

College is a very weird but important time in everyone’s life. I have always heard it said that college is a very unique experience that most people will only be able to experience one time in their life. Moving from a high school life and living at home to living the college life can be a big transition for most people, and I know that it can create a lot of stress in people’s life. I know that I can speak for myself when I say this, because I remember feeling very stressed and apprehensive about moving to college, especially because I was not entirely sure what to expect. Well, the good news for you is that I am writing this article so that you can feel a little more prepared when you finally head off to college for the first time. So here are a few tips and tricks that I have gathered over the years that you could hopefully make use of as you are finding yourself moving off to start your college journey.


The first tip that I have for you involves moving all of your stuff to college. It can be a huge chore to pack up all your stuff in your room and try to lug it across the state or country to the new destination of your living situation. However, it is something that every up and coming college freshman must go through in order to make it successfully to college. That is why I have a few tips when it comes to packing up your stuff. The first thing you’ll need to do is invest in some nice packing supplies in order to pack all your stuff away safely. The last thing you want to deal with is some of your items being broken or damaged while you were packing or while you were moving - that’s why it is so important to use a lot of quality packing supplies when you are packing up your stuff. If you don’t feel like going out of your way to buy anything from the store or ordering stuff online, you can always just use blankets or clothes that you are planning on bringing with you to college anyways. That way, you’re kind of killing two birds with one stone I guess.



Another tip that I have for you as you head into the first year of your college career is to be as outgoing as you possibly can. Obviously there is a lot of anxiety and uncertainty that you may be feeling, but I cannot stress enough the importance of putting yourself out there and being involved with various things going on around campus and meeting as many new people as you can. If you want to make friends at college, you are going to need to work at it. Making friends at college is not hard, especially the first week; however, you’ll never be successful at making friends if you sit in your dorm room all day and refuse to enter into society. I have seen way too many students do this over the years at college and it always makes me sad to see people not doing their best to meet new people and make friends. I hope this article was helpful to you in some way.




No comments:

Post a Comment